Thursday, September 4, 2008

MCCAIN/PALIN 2008

Okay-Okay I am not the political type AT ALL!! This has never been my scene. I just listen and vote how I feel like I should. I know that some of you will find it hard to believe that I do not voice my opinion on this matter--I know I voice my opinion on most things--but this area is just not one of them. I have to say that I am scared to death for November to get here.

Just a few thoughts of my own that I will share here--
1. If Obama wins-we will be fighting a war here on US soil-and children will be drafted to fight the fight. The war was started on 9-11-01 and we answered back--
2. If Obama wins--we will lose what retirement we do have and lose more money month to month in taxes.
3. If Obama wins--my husband will be out of a job--therefore I will need government assistance and all of you will be helping to do that with the increased taxes you will be paying.
4. Living in a small town has it down falls--but it also has some advantages. I love that fact that I go anywhere in town and I always know someone. They ask about my family and myself. This life will be lost if Obama wins-because of several things--the first being that small town businesses will no longer exist and the second because if small town businesses go--so do the small towns.
5. I can say that I have ever been so interested in an election until now--I think about my father and the fact that he served in the Vietnam War and was drafted to do so. I have no doubt in my mind that a draft would be called in to affect if Obama is elected.
6. Last but not least I am proud to be an American and proud of this country. I support the troops and the mission they are on. I am grateful that the war is there and not here--lets keep it that way!

3 comments:

Jen said...

Agreed!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CORMELS said...

Laura,
I tagged you on my blog!

L said...

You're kidding right? I can't believe you're serious.