Tuesday, September 2, 2008

WE MADE IT!

Well, we are alive and well this morning. It was a long, long, long day yesterday. Gustav is just about gone and I am so very happy. Robert and I went to my sister's house at 8AM yesterday morning-it was already raining and windy. The weather only got worse as the day progressed. We did keep power all day which I am very grateful for. We stayed at my sister's last night. The last of the heavy rain came through around 1AM. I did not sleep very much last night or the night before-so I am grateful to be home and hopefully will get some sleep.

Robert is checking to see when he will leave for work--I will work Thursday and Friday of this week which I am happy about. His rig is in Marshall, Texas which is where Gustav is over at the moment. If he has to go to work now he will be driving right into the storm--so we are hoping he will not have to go till tomorrow and give Gustav time to move on out.

Thanks to everyone who called to check on us and make sure we were fine. I appreciate it more than you will ever know. I am off to sleep for a bit--I will write more soon!

2 comments:

laurenthequeen said...

We are so glad that you are safe.

Heidi Totten said...

Phew! I sent you a text, but never heard back. I'm glad that you made it safely and that Gustav wasn't nearly as bad as Katrina!