Wednesday, July 11, 2007

off the oilrig

I got off the oilrig today and I am sick as a dog. I am just grateful it is my week off instead of work. There is no worse feeling in the world than knowing you have to work 16 to 18 hours a day sick. They do not care if you are sick, they want their cookies! I would not want a sick cook cooking for me. I worked two weeks on my regular land rig by Houston TX and then went to a inland barge an hour south of New Orleans for a week. That is a small floating oil rig that drills for oil and gas in swamps, rivers and shallow water offshore. Offshore means the Gulf of Mexico if you are not familar with geography. Laura is starting to be like my mother because they do not mind how much me and my my dad works as long as we send the money home. It is alright with me because the more I work the more I get for allowance. I love the fact that now that I am married that I do not have the headaches of trying to pay my bills from a offshore oilrig. Laura is great about saving money and paying the bills and now with my job I can start traveling again. I do not want to get like the rest of these Mississippi people in MS and never leave this state. Please do not let Laura bury me in Mississippi!!!
Robert

5 comments:

Laura said...

Love you Robert!
Laura

Anonymous said...

ROBERT,
YOU ARE SO FUNNY. I WILL MAKE SURE YOU ARE NOT BURIED IN MISSISSIPPI. LEAVE IT TO ME THE FAVORITE WIFE TO SEE THAT YOU ARE WELL TAKEN CARE OF ALLIVE OR DEAD. YOU CHARMING LITTLE DEVIL. I MISS YOU BEING AROUND SO MUCH. LETS DO SOMETHING TOGETHER SOON....IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN...:} JULIE

Lara said...

Too funny, Robert. Good to hear from you again. I hear you look like Eddie Montgomery now. :)

tara said...

hi robert,

nice to meet you. welcome home:)

Medetta said...

Ok, I have posted my first blog. You can read it now. Leave me a comment and let me know what you think.