Tuesday, July 10, 2007

I AM A LIGHTNING ROD

All I can say is you do not want me to be at your house when a storm comes.
A few weeks ago I was at work (working overtime) and a storm came in from no where--one minute sunny, the next storming. I was looking on the computer at the weather and all of a sudden---KAAABOOOOOMMMMM!! I thought I had been hit(I wasn't) but could have swore that I was. I got the guys to go get in the bus and I was FREAKING OUT!!! We had had tornado drills, fire drills--but never oh my gosh lightning drill. I put them on the bus I walked around the house to see if there were flames coming out anywhere--about that time I hear the fire truck coming down the road--I am thinking--this is it--my stuff is in there and it is gone. Well, the truck goes next door and I continue looking at the house--well--there was a huge geyser of water on the side of the house shooting over the fence. I guess the lightning blew it out. Well, we are not allowed to let the guys go back in until the house has been checked so I went across the street--got a fireman --and they came and checked the house out. We had to turn off the main water line--so no water for 24 hours-----in a group home-----not a good idea.
It got 2 TV's and the computer. I thought it had me--but luckily I was safe-----

The next weekend I was at home and the same thing happenend--the sun was shining--then KAAABOOOM! I was on the computer and trying to get off--well --I now have a new computer. The first computer I bought did not work properly so I had to pack it back up and get another one--but we are all good now--SO when the sky gets dark--I go in a room with no electronics AT ALL!!!!! I hate storms anywy now I really hate them....until next time

2 comments:

Lara said...

Who says lightning doesn't strike twice? I think this makes you super lucky rather than unlucky.

You enjoying this blog thing?

Laura said...

Either way--I am still scared to death of a storm--and YES I like this blog thing!!