Monday, November 3, 2008

Is this right?

Meredith and I were in town shopping and decided that we would eat lunch at Arby's. We walked in the door and the girl behind the register(Gwen) turned to her co-worker and said "You can wait on them." The co-worker came over and asked to take our order, then (Gwen) went towards the back of the kitchen and yelled--OBAMA!!!! My sister and I had McCain/Palin buttons on our shirts.

(The last I checked it was a free country to express ourselves.)

I asked for the managers number and I was walking out (Gwen) came from behind the counter and started yelling at me--I do not take kindly to this kind of treatment. This was uncalled for and discrimination if you ask me. I just hope and pray that Gwen's actions are not a sign of things to come.

Needless to say I will not be eating at Arby's in Columbia, MS.

1 comment:

Jen said...

That is really interesting, but not surprising. If you think about it, there were major talks of riots if Obama didn't win. But no one ever worried about if McCain didn't win. Republicans, in general, are more peaceful.