Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Back to the day to day grind!

I just got back from Oklahoma on Sunday evening. I rode there with my sister to pick up the boys from my parents. We got there on Thursday and boy did we have a trip--here it goes
1-my father has a little ford ranger that he left here and they took my sisters vehicle back with the boys 2 weeks ago--so we leave in the "crack wagon" Thursday when I got off of work
2-we have to stop every 150 miles because the gas gauge does not work and we did not know exactly how much gas we had
3-we were going for an hour and Mere had to throw up--she is pregnant--so after that pit stop we were on the road again
4-about an hour later we had to pit or the bathroom
5-hour later we stopped for gas--and the CHECK OIL light came on-
6-in 104 weather I am checking the oil and putting oil in the truck
7-we had to stop for more food at Shreveport-Whataburger was our best option--love some whataburger
8-get into Texas and realize that I REALLY like cowboy hats- um um ummm I called Robert an d told him he needed one-
9-get to Oklahoma about 11pm and we are dead dog tired. The kids are excited to see Mere but are not ready to come home

Okay- the rest of the weekend went well, we went to the rodeos and had a great time with the family. The boys were in the rodeos --so we will have to get pics soon of that! We got to see most everyone in the family. Robert and Chad did not come with us--Chad was at work and Robert was at home. There was not enough room for him--besides he wanted to spent sometime alone anyway.
I missed him and was ready to get back.

Robert left today to go back to work for 6 weeks. He was excited to be going back and getting into the routine again--not sure I can handle the time away--but we will see. We had a great time and I have pictures to post of our trip to THE BIG EASY! We did not have ANY domestics this time--so things are looking up.
Well--this is all for now--write more soon!